Pearse Stadium is the principal GAA stadium, in County Galway, Ireland. The stadium opened on June 16, 1957.
The area on which the stadium was built was known locally as 'The Boggers'. The 17-acre site was offered to the Gaelic Athletic Association by the town secretary Sean Gillan, and terms of purchase were negotiated. Much of the land was very wet and boggy. Work was being carried out to deepen the River Corrib at the time, so the infill from the river was used to fill in parts of the pitch and give it an elevated sideline.